I’m Kelsee and I’m super glad you’re here! Currently, I’m based in Indianapolis, IN and you’ve stumbled on my latest pet project! I’m guessing you’re here to find out more about this blog or about what I do professionally (which can be many things), so let’s get to it!
For a media kit, click here.
ABOUT THIS BLOG: Last year, I left my full-time job to pursue . . . something else.
I’m still trying to decide what “something else” may be. I literally saved up enough cash to support myself for a few months and turned in my notice. I’ve been told that I’m crazy for leaving that security behind, but I completely disagree.
To quote Paulo Coelho, “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” In that summer sabbatical, I read more books (and watched more TV) than I ever thought my brain could handle, started taking some amazing e-courses, and finally got to enjoy some long-term time off after working 6-7 a week during most of my working years. It was a luxury to put myself on a sabbatical, sure, but it opened up my mind to so much more that doesn’t require me to work my life away again. Burnout is a real thing, ya’ll. Live to work vs. working to live is also a real struggle that I’ve witnessed, in myself and others, for a very long time. I’ve decided I want more than that, but what ‘that’ is remains to be determined.
This blog should be a testament to that – to what else there is besides work. I’m sure “work” will eventually make it’s way into this blog, as it infiltrates so much of our daily lives, but I hope to share some other fun tales along the way.
I’m passionate about MANY things, such as musical theatre and all performing arts, social media, my nephew, travel, personal finance, cooking, wellness, politics (I’m a liberal, no apologies here), and anything and everything free – hunting for deals is one of my best skills! However, ask me what I’m passionate about next week and you’ll see 10 new things here. Stay tuned!
ABOUT ME. . . In 10 Facts:
- I’ve spent most of my professional career working as a singer, actor, director, educator, writer, and the like. I even studied Musical Theatre & Stage Management in college at Millikin University (Go Big Blue!), so it’s obviously in my blood.
- I like to think of myself as a go-getter, a visionary, and somewhat of a strategist. I love finding creative ways to solve problems and fix inefficient processes. I love to know how things work and why they work the way that they do
- According to Myers-Briggs, I’m considered an ENTJ.
- It might be in the negative degrees outside, but iced coffee is always life. Iced. Always.
- I’m essentially a minimalist. I hate acquiring stuff. Some people hoard, but I compulsively throw things away.
- I’m a major lover of TV: Hulu + Netflix + Me = BFFs! I’ll watch most things unless they are sci-fi or fantasy. You don’t want to talk to me about Game of Thrones.
- I took the training class to become a Certified Financial Planner, but never sat for the exam. That said, I hate math, but I like solving problems and crafting creative solutions. It was a neat experience.
- In not even 30 years, I’ve worked a strange array of jobs. One of my favorite highlights was having to card a man dressed as Cousin It from The Addams Family at my bar. I’ve got stories for days.
- If you know me, you’ll know how much I hate Wal-Mart and big box stores. I’m a lover & supporter of small business. I love seeing where my money goes instead of contributing to big company profit margins.
- I’m on the lookout for my next professional endeavor! Have an idea for me? Want to collaborate? Check out my contact page to get in touch or join my mailing list to keep up with what’s happening!