Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
April 22, 2017 = my 30th birthday.
What? Somehow time keeps passing and you reach a new decade. On my 30th birthday, I thought about how much has come to pass since my 20th birthday. College, people, some light travel, decisions, experiences, jobs — you name it. I ran the gamut. I really can’t say that I would have done anything differently either, so does that mean my 20s were a success? I like to think so. Yesterday was full of fun people, every sweet treat under the sun, and doing a show – three things that I love.
About a month ago, I put out a request on social media asking for any type of advice that you’d give to someone for their 30th birthday – and man, everyone delivered! I received texts, videos, PMs, advice in passing, and a bunch of responses on the Google Form I created. What follows is a conglomeration of all the “advice” and tidbits that I received. Some are funny, some are random, and some are edited for brevity, anonymity, and the like. Thanks to everyone who contributed and shared some wisdom with me for the new decade. Enjoy!
- “You’re never really ready for your 30th birthday.”
- “Give zero shits about what people think about you. Well, you already do that anyway.”
- “Travel more.”
- “Continue not caring what anyone thinks about you, or anything else.”
- “With age, you will only find more, wonderful momentum and singular grace to show you the way toward adventure.”
- “Don’t get caught up in the number.”
- “Keep making memories and living your life to the fullest! You have so much to be proud of.”
- “At 30, I figured out I needed to be happy with my life as it was and stop pining for what wasn’t. My attitude changed and I was happy with my life and guess what? Once I was happy by myself, with myself, it freed me up to live in the “now” and not the future.”
- “Ignore the number and remember that we all hit our stride at different ages. 30 is fabulous!”
- “Resist the urge to settle for something less than your passion!”
- “Seek adventures, pursue your creative passions, and enjoy the fun in life. Oh, and don’t forget…you’re never too old to dance in the rain.”
- “Laughter will always be the best medicine.”
- “Keep being true to you!”
- “Enjoy the moment! All of them!!”
- “Invest money now, even a little. It adds up over time.”
- “You really can’t fuck up your life (excepting heroin…that’s no good…).”
- “Keep doing the things you love – even if it doesn’t fit a plan or people’s expectations of you. The more you know and the people you meet on the way are what makes it worth it and rewarding.”
- “I’m nowhere near thirty yet but my best advice for you is keep being the sweet, amazing, fearless woman that you are. Just know that you are an inspiration to me.”
- “Enjoy yourself. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Embrace who you are and the woman you are becoming. My thirties were some of my most trying and best times. Follow your heart and stay close to your truths.”
- “They say your youth starts to really fade at 30. Fuck that. Do something physically and mentally challenging that you’ve never done before because you’ve never been this strong before.”
- “Everything is going to take longer than you think and be bigger than you could imagine.”
- “30 is just a number. Don’t let it define what you can or can’t do!”
- “You don’t need any advice from me because you are, and probably will always be, much wiser than me.”
- “You have much to look forward to and little to regret leaving behind. Enjoy your 30s!”
- “You’ll still wonder if you’re actually, really, an adult.”
- “Pleasure yourself. Stay focused.”
- “As an actor at 30, nothing changed. But 35-40, a lot changes.”
- “Yeah, you’re older…but you’re still young.”
- “30 is awesome! You know what you want and you’re competing with no one but yourself!”
- “Don’t believe anyone who says 30 isn’t awesome.”
A HUGE thank you to those of you who shared with me, I’m so thrilled that you shared some of your wisdom! I had a great time reading (and watching) them yesterday – I was definitely laughing and smiling! Some amazing things happen on April 22nd!
I love being in my 30s. I thought I would hate it but the moment I turned 30 I felt a sense of stability. I no longer wanted to change myself. Self love became so much. Easier. Enjoy it! Embrace it!
MeAndReegs.comApril 24, 2017 at 3:03 pm
I’m looking forward to all the things ahead in my 30s! Thanks for stopping by!April 25, 2017 at 12:45 am
make your ex regret dumping you
Your post extremely cool. I glad to be here. I enjoyed reading your articles. Thanks and keep up the good work!May 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Howdy very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally…I’m satisfied to seek out a lot of useful information right here in the put up, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.November 28, 2019 at 5:15 pm
You have observed very interesting details! ps nice site.November 30, 2019 at 8:23 am
Merely a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great design .November 30, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!December 30, 2019 at 9:28 pm