Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
Hello there! Happy February!
Been blessed with TONS of work lately, so I’ve been ignoring this, but I’m excited to share today! It’s cold, and I’m knocking things off my to-do list inside left and right, so it was time for this one to be completed.
January was a strange month – personally and worldwide, it appears – but we’ve made it. Only slightly worse for the wear, but we’re here.
“Feeling a little blue in January is normal.”– Marilu Henner
Without further ado, I’m giving you some of my favorite Monthly Moments from January.
Five Things I’m Loving:
- Spending some time back with my parents – I got to spend lots of time out in the town I grew up in recently. My mom is recovering from surgery, so I’ve been out there more in the past few weeks than I have been in a long time.
- My Passion Planner – I kid you not, this thing saves my life. During 2020, when we weren’t doing much, I used it for more than just planning my days. Now, I can actually use it for its intended purpose, and it gives me so much joy to fill its pages again… as they should be.
- Elderberry Syrup – In these colder months and in The Rona Times, I’m always looking for easy ways to boost my immunity. Luckily, adding in a daily tablespoon of elderberry syrup has been SUPER easy, and it also tastes good! I suggest getting yours locally from Green Growers Farm in Sheridan, IN – they also ship!
- Weekly yoga class at YogaSix – this brand new studio is gorgeous, friendly, and LITERALLY WARM in these chilly months. I always need to balance out my harder workouts with something a little easier from time to time.
- Dr. Andrew Weil’s Line for Origin– In these cold months when skin gets super dry, these products have been perfect for staying moisturized and not chapped from the cold temps.
Five Things I’m Reading/Watching/Listening To:
- PODCASTS! PODCASTS! PODCASTS! Lately, I’ve been burning through Dark Downeast (true crime), Murder She Told (true crime), Deeper than Money (personal finance), and Wholly Human with LeAnn Rimes (personal development).
- Some audiobooks – I’ve recently finished A Wedding in Maine (cheesy romance novel, but short & sweet) and I Have Something to Tell You by Chasten Buttigieg (a memoir).
- Working on reading Camp Girls: Fireside Lessons on Friendship, Courage, and Loyalty by Iris Krasnow.
- Recent TV binges include Bridgerton, The Lost Kitchen, and Yellowstone – my parents are way into it!
- Getting cashback from GetUpside – seriously the easiest app for getting cashback for me recently! Primarily used at gas stations, so you can get cashback for the money you’ll already be spending. Use my code “KELSEE5674” for a 15¢/gal bonus.
Five Things I’m Eating:
- Meal preps from Not Yo Mama’s Meal Prep – I haven’t missed cooking much in the last few weeks, simply because I don’t want to make any more decisions, and I’m so glad that I’ve gone that direction lately. I’ve also got a few meals from Herculean Meal Prep since they’re right across from the street.
- My latest Starbucks order – Venti Iced Americano, 5 pumps pistachio, a splash of heavy cream. It’s delicious.
- Devour Indy – If you’re not familiar, Devour Indy Winterfest has just wrapped up! The only deal I got to enjoy was Livery this time around, but I’m never upset about that.
- ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from The Garage at Bottleworks! Clancy’s, Lick, Abbiocco Pizza, basically anything and everything they have there.
- Mama Ines’ Mexican Bakery on Georgetown Road – When on the westside of town, I always suggest popping in here to pick up a few sweet treats. Cookies, pastries, loaves of bread – they’ve got it all. You can even get a cake if you want!
Five Things I Need to Do:
- TAX SEASON. That’s all I’m saying. Shout out to Emilee & Taryn at London Witte & Company.
- Stock up on Vitamin D – I love these supplements and the injection at Vitality IV Bar.
- Finish up February client projects – I try really hard to batch them all in the same couple of days, so I can say I’m done early to start taking on more.
- Send some fun Valentine’s Day cards – I usually use Paperless Post.
- Get outside and move today – Even if it’s 8 degrees out, I’m going to bundle up and spend a little time outside. I highly recommend it.
Five Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- The W Nail Bar opening very soon and very close to me.
- Getting back to work on my first theatrical project in a very long time.
- Dry needling this week at Myo-Fit Mobility & Therapy is highly recommended if you’re finding yourself with any movement issues. Sore muscles? Trigger points? Make an appointment with Meghan (or any of their other staff).
- Two new contracts have fallen into my lap lately. Excited to create and edit some new content for people!
- MORE SUNSHINE AND LONGER DAYLIGHT. Ya feel me?!
TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS: How was your January? I want to know! Big plans for February?