Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
After a month next to my witch’s cauldron, I’m excited to be preparing for the holiday season’s hustle! I’m in full planning mode for the wilds of Christmas. I don’t do much for Thanksgiving – my job is to take home all the leftovers, seriously.
“Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.” – Carol Bishop Hipps
Things I’m Loving:
- I enjoy singing with the Indianapolis Opera Chorus again, this time in Tosca, which is performing this upcoming weekend. It’s been super fun!
- Also, getting back into the swing of Yuletide Celebration with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. We are busy little beavers getting things ready for everyone to arrive – it truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
- Fall is finally showing up in Indy! Thank goodness! It was just 80° during the week of Halloween! Like, WHAT?!
Things I’m Reading/Watching/Listening To:
- Noah Kahan’s Stick Season – Have you listened to it yet? I’m over here just jamming out to it on repeat! You should listen to it – it’s on all the platforms!
- I’m reading a few different books because I like to have multiple things happening simultaneously! Right now, I’ve got my eyes on Peyton Place, Out of the Corner, and Greenwich Park!
- Amateur-Ass Podcast – Two lovely Indy ladies (Claire and Rashida) have made a podcast that I’m just tickled to listen to each week. They chat about life, family, current events, and anything that crosses their minds. I enjoy it because I feel like I’m just listening to everyday folks chat about life, and I appreciate their take on anything that crosses their paths.
Things I’m Eating:
- This is a wild season. I’ve meal-prepped many different things so that I can just grab a container of something to microwave and go. I’ve meal-prepped a Budget Bytes Sausage & Rice Dish, a Mushroom Chicken Crockpot Recipe, and some simple soups that I can freeze in bulk. Highly recommend.
- Also, tried some more of the fun drink options on my Fall Coffee Shop/Drinks in Indy List!
- Speaking of things I’m eating, Instacart saves my behind by delivering groceries to wherever I am! No regrets.
- I’m also about to consider ordering a bunch of meal preps from a couple of local places for those days that really have me running.
Things I Need to Do:
- I’m participating in NaNoWriMo! I like doing this even though my ultimate goal at the end of the month isn’t writing a novel. I like using the designated word count to focus on my personal projects, which helps keep me accountable. You’re seeing some of the fruits of that commitment right now!
Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- Performing in Tosca this next weekend. Tickets are still available!
- I bought tickets for the Noah Kahan concert in February here in Indy, and I’m so excited! I haven’t attended a regular concert at Old National Centre in forever – like pre-pandemic!
TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS: How’s your fall going so far? What are you looking forward to in these cool months?