Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
Spring was weird. The weather was weird, the events of the season were weird, etc. – things were just weird. However, it was definitely a most eventful season in the land of Kelsee B. Hankins. Lots of fun trips happened, lots of shows happened, MY BIRTHDAY HAPPENED, and now I’m all set up for a summer out on the East Coast.
Now that I’m out East, it really is officially summer in my book and I’m so pumped to share some highlights with you!
Health & Beauty
- Have you all met my girl, Jordan Seifrig? My former roomie has become my go-to stylist here in Indianapolis! She’s the bee’s knees and you should totally book with her – I’m just sayin’! Tell her I sent you! 🙂 Plus, she introduced me to awesome davines products! I’m trying some out this summer!
- On one of my trips, I was also introduced to Malibu Skin/Hair/Scalp products. Fun fact: they are manufactured on the south side of Indianapolis and I drove right by their offices every day for a while. Plus, they all smell delicious – highly recommended.
- Honestly, the only things I really bought this spring were a few things from Jockey! Being a member of their rewards program AND passing an outlet on my way back home recently was GREAT! So many sweet deals and discounts if you’re looking for new underwear – girls OR guys!
- ALSO – if you’re in Indianapolis, make sure you check out my peeps at ZIPS Indy! They’re a green dry cleaner and their prices can’t be better – under $3 an item! NOT A JOKE!
View this post on Instagram
Tonight, I got to check out @zipsindy on the north side of #indy! Thanks to @intoindy and @indyblogsociety for the invite. I didn’t think I could really geek out about dry cleaning, but there’s a lot of cool stuff to know! . Like the owner said in my Insta-stories earlier, @zipsindy is bringing dry cleaning into the future! And yes, it really is possible at $2.29 per garment. . The #indyblogsociety went behind the scenes to see how their operation works. From biodegradable plastic bags to hanger recycling to safer chemicals, it’s all about more eco-friendly options at an affordable price. I dropped a few of my fancy dresses off for a cleaning while I was there, so stay tuned! 😉 I can pick them up as soon as 5pm tomorrow! . #indy #drycleaners #inbiz #indysmallbiz #discoverindy #discoverunder2k #indyguide #loveindy #northindy
Here are some of my latest addictions on my Podcasts App.
- 3C Podcast – Revisiting a very cold case in Indianapolis’ true crime history.
- Bad with Money with Gaby Dunn – Transparent chats about money. I love this stuff.
- Becoming Wise Podcast – Perfect for a short snippet of wise words as you go about your day.
I’ve been a book reading fiend over the chilly months, so here’s what I can recommend or redirect you away from!
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – READ. IT. NOW. It’s a really refreshing read about her life during, before, and after a stint in The White House.
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis – This was ok, but not worth the hype it got. Seemed like she was mostly facing first world problems, but not much else.
- Unf*ck Your Habitat: You’re Better Than Your Mess by Rachel Hoffman – I’ll own it, I’m not the tidiest person, but this book breaks down some of the resistance one might have against cleaning and tidying.
- Make Money Your Honey by Amanda Abella – Great if you’re in the entrepreneurial mindset and are curious about how your money beliefs are tied to your experiences.
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris – I love historical fiction and I’m always curious about stories related to the Holocaust and WWII.
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn – If you liked Gone Girl, this is a must!
You can always follow me on Goodreads to see what I’m reading!
- I shared some food shots in my posts about Fort Wayne and French Lick West Baden!
- I also think coffee counts as food! 🙂 One of my favorite coffee brands, Coffee Over Cardio, just released TWO new flavors!
Not much TV on my schedule these past few months, but I’ve been on some TV lately!
- I filmed a Meijer commercial! Shopping and getting paid for it.
- Two Chicks and a Hammer came to film while I was at work! The episode is airing in July, so keep your eyes peeled for this girl pouring some candles in the background.
- I was in the “studio” audience for The Today Show when they came to visit Indianapolis during the Indy 500! BONUS: Tom Hanks & Sheryl Crow – worth it.
View this post on Instagram
Sometimes on a random Thursday morning, you find yourself at the @indianapolismotorspeedway for a live taping of @todayshow with @savannahguthrie, @tomhanks, and @sherylcrow! Getting there at 4:30am was an adventure, but experiencing the track this way was a ton of fun! I might go back again in a couple more years! Some highlights in stories too!
- I also was in the NYC studio audience for The View just last week when I was passing through NYC on my way to Maine! That’s free and always fun – plus, there are almost always freebies!
- I was lucky to get to do some great children’s theatre this spring! Working with McDuffee Music Studio on productions like Seussical, Jr. and Matilda – the Indianapolis premiere!
- Creating a lot of exciting (and not so exciting) copy content for clients.
- Finding the most ridiculous welcome mat ever – someone buy it for me.
- Lots of getting ready for summer camp – packing, purging, and such!
It’s going to be a busy summer! I’ve got some fun content heading your way over the next couple of days before I’m deep in the throes of summer camp, but I’d love to learn more about what you’re up to during these warmer months!
TELL ME: Anything exciting happen to you this spring? What are your plans for the summer?