Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
Welcome to the new year, y’all! I, for one, am happy to be on the other side of 2023. I’m not huge on resolutions; I prefer a theme (or a few themes) to focus on over the year. However, I’m big on personal growth and new beginnings, so I love to use a few positive affirmations as I create my schedule and choose work for the months ahead. As a bit of self-reflection, I realize how blessed and privileged I am to be able to do this most years, so I try not to take it for granted. I tend to use a new affirmation each month or with each theme. It takes the pressure off “resolutions” and makes things feel less of a struggle.
Therefore, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite affirmations that could be useful to anyone looking to create a more positive mindset and take on more positive habits in the new year! Don’t overthink using affirmations – you can use them however you want. Put them on your mirror so you see it every day, put them on a post-it note at your desk at work as a reminder, say it during a meditation (if that’s your thing), write about it in your journal, make a recording and listen to it – whatever floats your boat.
Take what affirmations you need and see if they stick to some aspect of your life!
50 Positive Affirmations for 2024
- I will achieve my goals this month.
- I am making choices that align with my highest good. (This is actually my personal affirmation for January 2024!)
- My potential is unlimited.
- My life is an adventure.
- I always do my best.
- I am unique; there is no one like me.
- I am proud of myself.
- I am worthy of every good thing.
- This month, I am safe and secure.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I am ready to open up to new opportunities this month.
- This month, I am living my best life.
- I am disciplined, and I follow through on my commitments.
- I am taking care of my body, and it is taking care of me.
- I am grateful for my strong and healthy body.
- I am doing what I love and loving what I do.
- I release all my fears and doubts about being good enough.
- When I give, I also receive.
- I release the storylines holding me back. I can do anything.
- I am thankful for new beginnings.
- I know my value and will not lessen or shrink myself for anything or anyone.
- I am focused on my own health and happiness.
- I take time to reconnect with my goals and how I can achieve them.
- I chase down opportunities to learn new things.
- I am open to seeing others’ points of view.
- I celebrate my progress and set new goals for my future.
- I attract positive people and experiences into my life this month.
- I try something new this month.
- I graciously accept compliments and praise this month.
- I foster harmonious relationships and peaceful interactions this month.
- I listen to my body’s signals for rest, movement, nourishment, and loving care.
- I am fearless in pursuing what sets my soul on fire.
- The only validation I need is from myself.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I am motivated, persistent, and successful.
- I am an inspiration to others.
- I will make plenty of time for self-care this month.
- I have the energy and passion to make my thoughts a reality.
- My needs are essential.
- I let go of things I can’t change.
- I slow down to enjoy the journey.
- I keep a healthy balance of work and play.
- Today, I will do my best.
- I am resilient.
- I set short-term, attainable goals for myself.
- Prioritizing myself and my needs enables me to be a better person to those around me.
- I allow blessings to come to me.
- I take action towards my goals every day this month.
- I am grateful for everything in my life, big or small.
- This year is still my year to do amazing things.
This is by no means an exhaustive list; these are just some that I’ve pulled and considered for myself that I figured other people might also find some value in. If you’re looking for new beginnings this month and improving your mindset for the year ahead, I recommend affirmations.
Tips for Creating Your Own Affirmations
- Stay positive, present, and personal: Don’t worry about the future yet; focus on where YOU are, not others. Example – Use I am, NOT I will.
- Use them for your goals, not what someone else says YOU SHOULD DO!
- Find a way to make them work for you; don’t worry about the ‘woo-woo’ of everything.
- Remember, you’re trying to change thoughts and habits; we know that’s not a one-stop shop. It takes time.
TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS: Do you use positive affirmations in your life?