Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
I’m always so glad when February rolls around! Things FINALLY slow down for a moment so I can breathe a little bit! November and December are my busiest months of the year since I usually work all through the holiday festivities. January wasn’t too wild, but I was running around quite a bit during the month. With that said, I’ve got plenty of highlights to share with you all from the past few months! I’m listing out some of the cool things I did and even some of the fun gifts I received!
Health & Beauty
- Got to try out some really awesome new beauty products from Ursa Major! I became familiar with this brand when I was out East over the summer, so I thought it was time to finally give them a try! I enjoyed ALL of them I received, but the face wash just wasn’t strong enough for me for daily use. Everything else, I’d highly recommend trying out. It’s a natural product line based out of Vermont.
- I hopped on the train of CBD oils. I’ve tried a few different kinds and I think I’ve narrowed it down to two different kinds that actually work for me. I’ve settled on Green Roads Blueberry Terpenes for the most part. CBD oils are considered one of many ways to reduce pain and inflammation without addictive drugs and reduce anxiety and insomnia.
- JOAH Cosmetics – available at CVS! I received an Influenster box FULL of goodies from JOAH. Primer, foundation, lip color, and blush/bronzer palette.
I laugh about keeping this as a category because I NEVER buy clothes! I’m more the type to keep mending something until it’s absolutely unwearable before I actually replace it.
I’ve listened to my usual top podcasts, but I definitely have some fave episodes to share and some new ones that are worth checking out!
- Author John Green on Death, Sex, and Money
- WBUR’s Dear Sugars
- The Australian’s Teacher’s Pet
- Lou Harry Gets Real
- Enneagram for Idiots
I was <_ >that close to hitting my reading challenge goal on Goodreads! I read like 16 of 20 books, so I’m saying that’s pretty successful for me! I’ve repeated the same goal of 20 for this year and I’m thinking I’ll hit it.
Here are some of the most recent books I’ve finished! I’m more than on track to reach my 2019 Reading Challenge goal! Thanks to Libby – the library’s audiobook app!
- Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton
- Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously by Candace Cameron Bure
- The If in Life: How to Get Off Life’s Sidelines and Become Your Best Self by Rashad Jennings
- Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving
a F*ckby Mark Manson
- Got to take one of the classes at Macaron Bar on Mass Ave! I never realized just how specific the art of macaronage is, but it was a blast!
- I continue to sing the praises of EveryPlate because it really is awesome! Especially if you’re a single person – get six meals for less than $40 a week without a trip to the grocery store! Get a $20 discount with this link!
- Made my own homemade ramen from this recipe by @Killing_thyme!
- I won a contest with Java House Cold Brew back in November, but there were shipping issues with the box, so I never received it! BUT….when they finally got the shipment to come through, it was totally worth it!
- Eating the entire winter menu at Tinker Street 😉
- Coffee Over Cardio Creamer Launch! My favorite coffee to brew at home has launched a line of creamers as well! If you’re interested in getting more than just caffeine from your coffee, I highly suggest checking one of these creamers out! I mean, HOT FUDGE…as a creamer! Come on! Use code ’10kelseeh’ for 10% off any purchase!
- The Kennedy Center Honors – Do you watch these? You totally should! This year’s nominees were some of my favorite creatives & entertainers.
- Theatre: I have seen so much theatre in the last couple of months! A Christmas Carol and The Diary of Anne Frank (Indiana Repertory Theatre), They’re Playing Our Song (Beef & Boards), Yuletide Celebration – Twice! (Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra), After the Fair (Buck Creek Players), Fiddler on the Roof – National Tour (Aronoff Center Cincinnati), and The Grunch (Rosa Parks Elementary). I also got to judge the Indiana Thespians State Conference! I watched Indiana students present 13 plays/musicals and it was one of the coolest experiences. I’ll also add seeing 98 Degrees in concert here – my love of boybands is REAL! REAL.
- Opera Concert: I’m also singing in the second annual Indianapolis Opera Chorus in Concert performance! We open this weekend!
- On Set: I had a great experience on set with Eli Lilly and Bayonet Media as well! I got to work on a company training video and it was HYSTERICAL but very timely.
- Cool Products/Gifts: I won’t lie, there were lots of Golden Girls items amongst my holiday treasures! I got the Dorothy Chia Pet and the Golden Girls ‘Any Way You Slice It’ Game. I also got one of these really cool flameless lighters! Seriously, you charge it! Game changer if you’re a candle or grill lover!
- Traveling: Yup, some fun travel plans are in the works for 2019! First up, was a weekend at the Chicago Travel & Adventure Show and a stay in the Loews Chicago O’Hare!
Whew! This winter has been a doozy! I’m slowly but surely coming out of the holiday malaise!
How are you doing during these dreary February days? Tell me in the comments!