Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
It’s here! My birthday is tomorrow – another trip around the sun is essentially complete! This 31st year of life has been one of the most adventurous years to date. I’m not the type of person who sets hard & fast goals, but I’m always intrigued by the things a person (including myself) can do within a year. So, because we’re at the edge of a little transition (31 to 32 is SO epic!), I thought it might be fun to share a few fun facts about myself that you might not know about me!
In honor of my birthday tomorrow, here are 31 facts about me! Let me know if you’re surprised by any! Or, feel free to ask me to elaborate! Stories are my favorite.
- Black is my favorite color. Seriously. Not in an emo way or anything. I love the color black – it’s flexible.
- I drink coffee every single day – always iced. You’ll only see me with hot coffee if I can’t find anything else.
- I’m working really hard to be completely self-employed. I’m so close! I’m about 80% freelance at this point, so I’m really close to being completely in business for myself. It’s hectic, but I like all the things I’m getting to do and all the people I’ve had the chance to work with.
- I’m a small town girl who much prefers the big city. I moved to Chicago (to my own apartment) right after high school and loved it. I live in a popular urban area of Indianapolis, a far cry from the small town of approx. 800 people that I grew up in. I prefer to travel to bigger cities (I’m an NYC pro at this point), but I love disconnecting to spend time in nature when I can – Hello, summer camp!
- Yoga is something I love. I used to go to yoga ALL. THE. TIME, but I got out of practice – thanks to life and injuries. However, I’ve been going MUCH more often recently (about 3x a week) and it’s been a blast. I even went to heated yoga today already! Shoutout to Practice Indie Yoga.
- I’m one of the luckiest people I know. Hear me out with this one. I’m lucky with certain things – finding good deals/freebies, winning ticket lotteries, or things coming together perfectly at the last second. With that, I think I’m unlucky in other ways. It’s almost like a tradeoff. I get lucky with certain things, but then zero luck with others.
- Don’t ask me about home decor or furniture. It’s not my thing. I want functional pieces over decorative things. I also prefer blank walls most of the time as I find them less distracting. I even stopped decorating for holidays because it’s too much for my mental bandwidth.
- One of my favorite possessions is my piano. It’s the same one I’ve had since I was a freshman in high school and it’s been everywhere I’ve lived since I graduated from college. In my junior one bedroom apartment, I remember one half of it landed in the kitchen and the other half lived in the living room. I’ve always made it work! I just wish I had more time to play it.
- I’m domestically challenged. Homemaker/housekeeper won’t ever land on my list of skills. I care zero about home decor, furniture, chores, or plants (I kill them all). I’m thankful there are people I can pay to handle those things. Also, refer back to #7.
- I’m an avid reader. As a kid, I was always at the library and I was always reading. I got out of the habit for a while, but now I’m back in it. Thanks to Audible and the Libby app, I’m able to get through many more books. I often juggle a few different books at a time – something for each of my moods and interests.
- Dogs are my favorite, even though I still have a mild reaction to them despite my allergy medicine regimen. I don’t care. I will still pet, shake hands with, and squeeze all the dogs.
- I’m a purger of things. I’m ALWAYS getting rid of stuff and donating it or selling it on Poshmark, Mercari, or eBay. I work hard at practicing minimalism and being intentional with the things I buy and allow into my home.
- I have ZERO tattoos, but I have contemplated getting a small one. The keyword here is contemplated.
- I rarely ever find myself bored. I’m always doing something.
- I’m very adept at navigation and giving directions. Even pre-Google Maps, I’ve always been the person who hands out directions so people know where to meet, what door to go in, etc. I’m really great at navigating subways – Chicago, NYC, Washington D.C., I got you!
- Ask me about a scent and I’ll tell you what it is. Thanks to making (tons of) candles over the past year, I’ve developed a really solid sense of smell.
- Sending & receiving mail is one of my favorite things! Seriously! If you want a cool postcard from someplace I’m traveling, let me know and I’ll send you one! Or, if you want to send me something, let me know! MAIL! MAIL! MAIL!
- I’ve been to the Tony Awards! It was one of the most fun experiences, but it’s not one I need to repeat. Getting dressed up for the live award show festivities is an adventure. There are so many moving pieces that make these evenings happen. People SPRINTING in formal wear to bathrooms or for drinks, to closing bathrooms just so celebs can have them privately, casually seeing celebs walk by you in the drink line – it all happens. It’s cool to be a part of and I’m so glad I can say I did it, but damn, it’s expensive.
- I don’t really care about sports. HOWEVER, I was involved with A LOT of sports growing up – softball, volleyball, golf, cheerleading, even basketball. Now, I avoid most sports at all times.
- I have ridiculous fears about falling and knocking out all of my teeth. I’m not sure why, but that’s like my biggest nightmare. It even haunts my dreams sometimes and it’s one of the biggest reasons that I tend to gaze down when I’m walking. It’s literally because I have a fear of tripping and falling.
- One of my biggest guilty pleasures is reality tv shows on TLC. It could be 19 Kids and Counting, Counting On, Long Island Medium, or even Sister Wives. These shows are absolutely fascinating to me. I can’t stop watching.
- I’ve worked A LOT of jobs. More than I can count on two hands. Singer, actor, director, dinosaur chaser, child wrangler, restaurant, retail, writer, factory, office, personal assistant, nanny, brand ambassador, researcher, and so on. I’ve often done about 3 of these jobs at the same time as well. I like the hustle.
- I’m an aunt to the coolest 10-year-old! (Still can’t believe my nephew is 10! He’s still a baby, right!??!) We take the best selfies.
- I’ve seen every single episode of Grey’s Anatomy and both of its spinoff series – Private Practice and Station 19. We’ll say no more about it.
- I chose to study musical theatre and stage management in college and I have no regrets about it. However, if I would have had to choose a different non-performance major, I probably would have chosen history. Surprised?
- Math and I are NOT friends. Thank Jeebus for calculators. Algebra and I were/are mortal enemies.
- In my right palm, I have a permanent gray dot beneath the skin that’s still visible. Almost 20 years ago (!!!!), one of my friends dropped a very sharp No. 2 pencil into my hand and it stabbed my palm – the proof is still there!
- I used to run another blog before this one. I sold it for a nice chunk of change a few years ago because the domain name was a hot commodity. Needless to say, that turned out to be a good sale and my bank account was thrilled…for a little while.
- Lots of people tell me (and have told me) that I’m intimidating or they don’t think I like them upon meeting. This is NOT the case. I’m just not into small talk or starting conversations that don’t go anywhere and sometimes that makes me come off cold. It’s really not like that. I like most people until I have an obvious reason not to like them.
- It takes me about two weeks to unpack a suitcase from my last adventure. That said, I can pack for 8 weeks in about 2 hours. Win some, lose some.
- My first celebrity crush was Doogie Howser, M.D. That’s right, it was Neil Patrick Harris. No shame. He’s a badass.
There you have it – 31 facts all about Kelsee B.! Were you thoroughly surprised? Or did you know it all?
Tell me a fun fact about you in the comments!
Interesting facts. I’d live too try the ax throwing it looks like a blast. Have you ever done a voiceover job? I read that is a growing trend of work.July 24, 2020 at 9:25 pm