Please note: This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
It’s basically June!?! Say WHAT?! I leave for camp in DAYS?! I’ve said goodbye to my plants for the summer (they take up a temporary residence at my parents’ house), and now I just have to pack myself up and tidy this apartment. It always seems so daunting, but I’ve got it mostly down to a science these days; I just have to execute. GAH!
So with no further ado, here are some fun highlights from the past few months! Happy Summertime, y’all!
“All things seem possible in May.” – Edwin Way Teale
Things I’m Loving:
- You might have seen it in March, but I hinted at working on a little show called Hamilton again! I loved getting to be backstage at Old National Centre again, doing the EXACT same job/track that I did the last time. It was a blast to do it again AND see some of the same people again. It’s such a fun show to run! More here!
- Both of my besties happened to be in town for a bit this month! I couldn’t have asked for better timing!
- Finished my first round of xZooberance at the Indianapolis Zoo! If you need someone to lead your children’s sing-a-long, I’m here for it!
- Wrapped up a school year at a gig I never knew I’d enjoy so much! We had some fun on the last day!
- Worked my second year of Mecum Auto Auction at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. I’m not a car girlie, but I love the people and the “show” aspect of the experience. See some of my experiences here!
Things I’m Reading/Watching/Listening To:
- I got to enjoy some great performances in the last several weeks – Billy Porter at Old National Centre, Jeremy Jordan at The Cabaret, Wanda’s Monster at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Clue at Indiana Repertory Theatre, and The Spitfire Grill by Main Street Productions.
- Have you heard of the Amateur-Ass Podcast by Claire & Rashida? They’re a lot of fun!
- I’ve also been through many other podcasts – The Deck, Counter Clock, The Summer Camp Society, Hacking Your ADHD, Blood & Business, and my old standards. I’m a junkie. I may have a problem.
- I’ve ignored my reading list at the moment, but I’ve been to the new Tomorrow Bookstore! It’s so cute, and I definitely suggest that you visit if you’re in Indianapolis!
Things I’m Eating:
- Whatever I’m eating, I promise I’m most likely not cooking it…because I don’t have time for that right now!
Things I Need to Do:
- PACK! I have to make my packing list. And label things!
- Make my pre-summer to-do list! A lot goes into these long trips and ensuring I cover all of my bases.
Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- GOING TO CAMP! We’re just a few days out now! I always panic, but it’s gonna be fine.
- Having my own air conditioner at camp this summer. We’re gonna be cool in whatever cabin I live in this summer. Ah, the things that excite me! 🙂
- Seeing old friends and making some new ones! Since I’m in a new position at camp this summer, I’m excited to meet my new staff.